Shapoorji Pallonji Qatar WLL
Shapoorji Pallonji operates in Qatar as “Shapoorji Pallonji Qatar WLL (SPQ)” The Company was established in July 2008 with local partnership.
SPQ is classified as GRADE ‘A’ COMPANY
from Central Tender Committee, Doha, Qatar since January 2014 and also certified as an EN ISO: 9001: 2008, BS OHSAS 18001: 2007 and DIN EN ISO 14001: 2004 certified
for building constructional operations in Qatar since April 2010.
SPQ provides contracting services for Residential, Commercial, Stadiums, Industrial, Healthcare, Hospitality, Institutional, Infrastructure, and Power Projects through many different Contract Management System including Joint Ventures.
SPQ have established a professional team from the Middle East in order to provide Clients with Complete and Professional Package to execute the works, and the fundamental aim being to exceed in excellence in everything we do. The Company has current manpower strengths about 350 staff, over 2000 workers and a total valuation of Plant & Machinery, Formwork and Vehicles worth QAR 60 million.
SPQ has initiated business with three prestigious projects worth US $400.27 Million and completed successfully which includes:
• Barwa Commercial Avenue
(Type 3,Turkey Construction under M/s Hochteif)- Value: US $192.30Million
• Barwa City Amenities
(Design & Build) – Value: US $204.67Million
• Seaside Pavilion Restaurant
– Hilton Hotel.
SPQ are currently executing four prestigious projects worth in the region of US $324.63 Million:
• South East Car Park (SECP)
for Qatar Foundation, Value: US $129.12 Million, BUA – 1.7 Million Sq.ft
• New Port Project - NPP/0032
(Design & Build) for New Port Project Steering Committee, Value: US $67.58 Million, BUA – 0.36 Million Sq.ft and
• Le Boulevard
for Commercial Bank of Qatar, Value: US $62.68 Million & BUA- 0.50 Million Sq.ft
• New College of Pharmacy
for Qatar University ,Value US $65.25 Million &BUA-.24 Million Sq.ft
SPQ Company Attributes:
• Strong Management Structure with Proven Track Record.
• In house resource with major project experience in Qatar and Worldwide.
• Familiarity with all Project Types, Infrastructure, Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Hotels, Healthcare, Institutional and Power Projects.
• Familiarity with Contract Types: Fixed Price, Cost Plus and Joint Ventures.
• Extensive in country resource familiarity with local work practices, regulations & cultures.
• Capable to mobilize resources in a timely manner with cost efficiency.
• Company commitment and integrity in everything we do.
• Long term respect and relationships with major clients and consultants.
• Ensuring SPQ is the company of first choice in the Construction Industry driven by our commitment to Customer Satisfaction.
Other achievements include:
• Overall Safe man hours without LTA: 34.89 Million
• Building Built-up area: 2.5 Million Sq.ft
• Infrastructure area: 1.3 Million Sq.ft
• Roads: 6.5km length
• Underground Services: 16.5km
SPQ continually helping in Qatar for Construction towards FIFA 2022 and Qatar National Vision 2030. Mr. Rajeev Kaul (Vice President)
heads the QATAR & BAHRAIN Operations
SP Qatar receives ‘Best Contractor of the Year Award’
It is a matter of great pride and pleasure that Shapoorji Pallonji Qatar WLL has recently been awarded as the ‘Contractor of the Year’ at the Qatar Contractors Forum and Awards 2014 organized by International Quality and Productivity Center (IQPC). It’s a great and well recognized achievement for SP Qatar.
The event was held in conjunction with IQPC (International Quality & Productivity Centre) at the Intercontinental Doha last week.
Dr. Sarah Prichard, the director, BuroHappold Engineering, presented the award to Mr. M. D. Saini (M.D. & C.E.O.) and Mr. Rajeev Kaul (Country Head - Qatar) at the event.
Commenting on the win, Mr. Saini said: "The award sets forth the standard we aim to maintain throughout the region. Having only been in Qatar for five years, we feel this is a great achievement, and is a feather in our cap as we enter our 150th anniversary in 2015."
|In picture: Mr. M.D. Saini receiving the Contractor of the Year Award’ along with Mr. Rajeev Kaul (Country Head – SP Qatar)
||'Contractor of the Year’ Award